As ‘Threat hunting’ has become something of a buzzword in the cyber security industry, the term is often misused.
Proactive threat hunting is very different from manually sifting through raw data to find an attacker, and threat hunting as a service should complement detection & response operations rather than be a replacement for them.
Read this F-Secure whitepaper to clear up the confusion, explaining:
- What threat hunting is – and what it isn’t
- What Continuous Response means and how it works
- Why Continuous Response and threat hunting are both required to successfully defend against targeted attacks
- Good threat hunting unpacked
- The future of threat hunting