OnDemand | Making the Connection Between Cybersecurity and Patient Care
Creating a culture of cybersecurity across a healthcare enterprise can be challenging, but it’s critical to patient safety. The days of leaving cybersecurity solely on the shoulders of IT departments are long gone as purchasing decisions get made by department heads across the organization, many of which include medical devices, software programs, and IoT devices. While these technologies promise to deliver better patient outcomes, patient care can quickly become compromised if these technologies contribute vulnerabilities and increase cyber risk. It’s now everyone’s job to understand the potential ramifications of lax cybersecurity and the impact a breach can have on the health and safety of patients.
During this session, Tracy Griffin, Director of Information Security Risk and Assurance for Bon Secours Mercy Health, and Cathie Brown, Vice President of Consulting Services at Clearwater, will discuss how to change the conversation about cybersecurity and help colleagues make the connection between strong security programs and patient care.
Our panel will cover key topics, including:
- How ransomware, third-party breaches, and insider threats have changed the healthcare landscape and threatened patient care
- The pros and cons of how cloud solutions have expanded access to new vendors and technology
- How to develop an enterprise-wide understanding of cyber risk
- How to create organizational buy-in to critical cybersecurity standards and policies
- How to safeguard the organization from shadow IT and its vulnerabilities