Mobile Devices in Healthcare: Essential Security
A majority of the healthcare information breaches reported to federal authorities so far have involved the theft or loss of mobile devices. To help make sure your organization isn't added to the list, register for this webinar to hear an experienced security officer's Top 10 Tips for securing mobile devices. He describes how to:
- Tackle the tough task of inventorying all devices;
- Develop comprehensive policies for encryption and many other safeguards;
- Educate staff on why security is vital to the reputation of your organization.
Under the HITECH Act, healthcare organizations now must report major breaches to the Health and Human Services' Office for Civil Rights. And a majority of the incidents reported so far have involved the theft or loss of computer devices or media.
What can your organization do to minimize the risk of a breach involving a mobile device?
This session provides tools, tips and techniques to develop a comprehensive portable device security program.
Terrell Herzig, information security officer at UAB Medicine, offers his Top 10 Tips, including:
- Working with suppliers to ensure encryption standards are met;
- Developing several layers of security controls;
- Restricting use of USB ports.
He explains why a mobile device security policy must go far beyond simply investing in encryption.
Premium Members Only
OnDemand access to this webinar is restricted to Premium Members.
Join Now to Access
Have an account? Sign in.
You might also be interested in …