Healthcare InfoSec Survey LaunchedParticipate in Fourth Annual Research Poll
HealthcareInfoSecurity has launched its fourth annual Healthcare Information Security Today Survey, which will measure progress toward ensuring the privacy and security of healthcare information as more records are digitized and shared - and as new cyberthreats emerge and evolve.
The Web-based research study was created by Information Security Media Group, publisher of HealthcareInfoSecurity, with the counsel of top healthcare and security experts. The survey explores how information security leaders at hospitals, clinics, health plans and integrated delivery systems are taking steps to respond to today's key challenges.
- Examines current and emerging cyberthreats facing healthcare providers in 2015;
- Assesses the evolving state of information security at U.S. healthcare organizations;
- Showcases the steps security leaders are taking to prevent breaches, protect electronic health records and address the risks posed by mobile devices;
- Identifies the emerging technologies and strategies where healthcare organizations are investing their resources.
The poll, sponsored this year by Caradigm, (ISC)Â² and ZixCorp, aims to give healthcare information security professionals and other senior executives insights that they can track and measure over time.
Last year's survey found, for example:
- Complying with the HIPAA Omnibus Rule was creating serious challenges;
- More healthcare organizations were conducting risk assessments than in previous years, but many were still struggling with the assessments;
- Many healthcare entities still had room for improvement in implementing encryption;
- Top priorities for 2014 included improving regulatory compliance, boosting security education and preventing and detecting breaches.
The survey is now available online. Results will be presented in a variety of ways on the HealthcareInfoSecurity website, including an in-depth report, expert interviews and webinars featuring exclusive insight and analysis.