Healthcare InfoSec Survey LaunchedParticipate in Third Annual Research Poll
HealthcareInfoSecurity has launched its third annual Healthcare Information Security Today survey, which will measure progress toward ensuring the privacy and security of healthcare information, as well as compliance with the HIPAA Omnibus Rule.
See Also: HIPAA Audits: A Revised Game Plan
The online research study was created by Information Security Media Group, publisher of HealthcareInfoSecurity, with the counsel of top healthcare and security experts. The survey will explore how information security leaders at hospitals, clinics, integrated delivery systems and health plans are taking steps to respond to today's key challenges. The survey will:
- Examine the evolving state of information security at U.S. healthcare organizations, including compliance with HIPAA Omnibus;
- Showcase the steps security leaders are taking to prevent breaches, protect electronic health records and address the risks posed by mobile devices;
- Project the emerging technologies and strategies where healthcare organizations are investing their resources.
The annual survey, sponsored this year by (ISC)Â², aims to give healthcare information security professionals and other senior executives insights that they can track and measure over time.
Last year's survey results found, for example:
- Healthcare organizations were more confident in their ability to thwart external threats than they were about mitigating internal threats;
- Keeping up with risk assessment was a challenge; and
- Top priorities for 2013 included improving regulatory compliance, boosting security education and preventing and detecting breaches.
The survey is now available online. Results will be presented in a variety of ways on the HealthcareInfoSecurity website, including an in-depth report, expert interviews and a webinar featuring exclusive insight and analysis.