A New Source for HIPAA Omnibus InsightsResource Center Offers Help With Compliance
If you're looking for some help navigating through the complexities of the HIPAA Omnibus Rule, check out our recently unveiled HIPAA Omnibus Resource Center.
This new resource provides in-depth coverage of how to tackle the challenges involved with meeting the Sept. 23 compliance deadline for the new rule, as well as insights on other HIPAA issues.
The resource center, sponsored by Experian, offers interviews with federal regulators and compliance experts, in-depth feature stories on key issues, commentary on timely subjects as well as news coverage.
Topics covered include rule enforcement, the new HIPAA modifications, breach reporting requirements, consumer rights, business associate provisions and key privacy and technology issues.
Here are some samples of recent coverage:
- An interview with security expert Kate Borten on the four factors to consider in accessing incidents under HIPAA Omnibus' breach notification provisions;
- An discussion with privacy expert Deven McGraw on the rule's benefits for consumers;
- A blog about the need to clear up HIPAA confusion;
- A case study about Intermountain Healthcare's new approach to risk analysis and mitigation;
- An interview with attorney Helen Oscislawski about the rule's marketing and fundraising provisions.
The resource center also provides access to topical white papers, research and webinars.
So check out the resource center, and let us know what you think. You can submit comments below.
And be sure to look for our upcoming e-newsletter focusing on HIPAA Omnibus compliance and other HIPAA issues.